1 year ago
Android, iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Get it on: iTunes
, Google Play
Looking for a quick way to print stuff on the go? The Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app for all Android and iOS devices is the best solution! Simply download the app and print or scan photos, documents both in PDF and Word, web pages and much more at your convenience.
This app has a pretty smooth interface; you can easily navigate from checking ink levels and the ink model numbers to the section that allows you to buy ink. You can easily adjust your copy settings on your device, be it an iPhone, iPad or Android device, which reduces the printing hustle. Its ease of use is made even better by allowing access to the online instruction manual through the iOS or Android app, which allows you to find solutions to any challenge you may experience. I grant a score of 8 out of 10.
This app has a number of useful features:
- Photo print – just select a photo and trim it to your liking. You can print a maximum of 39 photos simultaneously using the updated app.
- Document print – this leading app lets you print your selection of documents from your device, whether the documents are in PDF or Word format is not an issue since the app allows printing from any format.
- Web page print – all you have to do is click on “share” and use the app to print the web page you need.
- Scan – Select documents or photos, proceed to scan and save them in either PDF or JPEG format.
- Link to Cloud – the app lets you link through PIXMA.
- Bluetooth capability – the app avoids the hassle of registering printers, error messages and entering passwords by using the Bluetooth connection.
- Touch print and scan – simply touch your device to an enabled printer while the application is in “scan” mode and print your photos on an NFC printer.
The features deserve a 9 out of 10 rating.
This is a high-performance printing tool. It easily connects to Wi-Fi, especially when using WPS. It finds and registers the printer automatically and prints great photos and documents as well. Most challenges encountered in the process can be fixed by going through the instruction manual which has covered almost all potential hitches that might occur. There have been instances when one is unable to cancel a scan that goes wrong or save the in-progress scans while working, but as I said, the instruction manual has this error explained as well. It is worth a score of 7 out of 10.
This app is available for free download for users of iOS devices on their App store as well as for Android users through the Google Play Android store.
Interface - 8/10
Features - 9/10
Performance - 7/10
Anyone looking for convenient printing solutions must definitely get this app. In today’s era, this app’s smartphone capability makes it a useful tool. One can simply take a picture of the desired document using their chosen device and use the auto skew correction to print it. If this does not convince you of the extreme efficiency of the app, I do not know what will! Users must know that the app only supports JPEG files for photo printing. Otherwise, there is little else about this app that I can find fault with.